On June 30, Xiaomi announced the launch of MIUI 8 towards the second week of July. As promised, Xiaomi delivered the update. As of writing this, MIUI 8 updates for nearly all Redmi and Mi branded smartphones are available. In this article, we will explain how to download and install MIUI 8.
(1) Navigate to http://en.miui.com and select Downloads link locatd on the top navigation bar
(2) You have to locate your device by electing the appropriate option
(3) For instance, if your device is Mi Max, select “Xiaomi Mi Max”
(4) You will view the download details on the corresponding page. You should make sure to download a ROM package based on your device and location. If you are in India, you should download Global version. Otherwise, you will view Chinese font after installation, which will be difficult to decipher.
(5) If you would like to test drive a version, which is not released publicly, you need to download the Developer ROM.
You should note that developer ROM package will have errors and bugs, which you can report directly to Xiaomi. If you are not satisfied with the Developer ROM version, you can rollback by installing stable ROM.
How to Download?
To install either the stable or developer ROM, you need to download the file to your PC. If the default download manager is slow, you can make use of tools like Download Accelerator.
You need to copy the downloaded file to the internal storage of your device and launch the Updater app located inside Tools section.
Once you are inside the Updater app, you need to tap on the three dots located on the right hand side of the screen. Select “Choose update package” option and locate the file you have downloaded. Follow the on-screen instructions and wait till the installation gets completed automatically.
Alternatively, you can make use of Mi Flash tool but we would recommend the above steps since it is the safe way to download and install the update.
Please make sure to capture backups of all your images, videos, whatsapp content and any other vital information from your smartphone before proceeding to install the update.
more recommended stories
Infosys BPM Recognized as a Leader in the IDC MarketScape Worldwide Procurement Vendor Assessment
Infosys BPM has announced that the.
Meizu E3 to be available only in China [Confirmed]
Meizu has announced that the upcoming.
Xiaomi inks partnership with The Viral Fever to bring trending content on Mi LED TV 4
Xiaomi has established a partnership with.
Xiaomi announces roadmap for the rollout of MIUI 9.5 Global Stable ROM update
Xiaomi has rolled out MIUI 9.5.
Amazon India ups the ante with six new fulfillment centers
Amazon India has announced that it.
Redmi Note 5 flash sale today on Flipkart at 12PM
The recently released Redmi Note 5.