If you are an undergraduate, graduate, PHD student, or full-time researcher with an Android Phone 4.0 or higher, you can apply to participate in testing the new Sourcerer research app. Sourcerer is an early version of a brand new app, brought to you exclusively by the Office Insider program in affiliation with Microsoft Garage, the central hub for experimental projects from Microsoft.
Microsoft product team is looking for 20 to 50 serious and curious minds to test drive the app in a small private study.
What is it?
We have been working with Microsoft Garage to build an app that makes the research process easier for students. Our goal is to offer an app that helps students save time and makes research quick and intuitive.
What are we looking for?
- Students (undergrads, grads, PhD candidates) and full-time researchers who will be actively working in August/September on an academic research project (could be on any topic, from any department).
- Participants must have an Android phone with OS 4.0 or later (To check your version, go to Settings > System > About phone.)
- Participants must be willing to try out the app for one month for their research.
- Location doesn’t matter – we can communicate remotely on email, Skype etc.
What do you need to do?
- Shoot an email to email@example.com and tell us you want to participate.
- Keep doing your research, and use Sourcerer when appropriate.
- Fill out a short survey when you install the app
- Fill out a follow-up survey two weeks later
- After a month of usage, participate in a phone/Skype interview so we can get your feedback on our app.
What’s in it for you?
- Speed up your academic research
- Help shape a new tool for your fellow researchers
- Be a leading voice in the Office Insider community
How do I give feedback?
You can either provide feedback from within the app or directly e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.