Xiaomi confirmed to skip MWC 2017 due to rapid expansion

Mobile World Congress 2017

Xiaomi will not attend the upcoming Mobile World Congress (MWC 2017) in Barcelona. According to TechCrunch, the absence of Xiaomi at the MWC 2017 has been reportedly confirmed by the company to the reporter who established contact with the company staff. The spokesperson disclosed that Xiaomi would skip the event entirely.

The non-representation of Xiaomi at the MWC 2017 comes as a double blow for both the fans and the company.  Previously, there were rumors that the company will most likely unveil the flagship Xiaomi Mi 6 during the MWC 2017. If you rewind back, the Xiaomi had released several smartphones during MWC 2016.

Xiaomi MWC 2017

In the meantime, Xiaomi had revealed that they had expanded too fast in countries like India. Hence, the company said that are planning to slow down a bit. In a statement released to the press, Xiaomi founder Lei Jun stated that the company is gradually entering a transitional period after growing too fast.

That said, Xiaomi did not reveal the total number of smartphones sold in 2016. However, reports suggest that they are unable to compete with Huawei and other small companies. Xiaomi, meanwhile, is gearing up to unveil Redmi Note 4X on February 14 most likely in Red color to celebrate Valentine’s day.

Interestingly, Xiaomi, for the first time participated at the recently concluded CES 2017 held in Las Vegas. During the event, the company also showcased several products such as Mi Vacuum Cleaner, Air Purifier and much more.

If Xiaomi doesn’t participate in the forthcoming MWC 2017, you can expect the launch of Mi 6 separately in April 2017. Initially, the flagship will be launched in China similar to that of the bezel-less Mi Mix followed by the US and UK.

DONT MISS  Nokia MWC 2017 live stream on February 26: Everything you want to know

Just a few days back, Hugo Barra, the legendary person behind the success of the company had quit after 3.5 years of service. Barra will join Facebook as VP of Virtual Reality. The news was confirmed by both the Facebook Founder and Barra on social media platforms.

Anand Narayanaswamy is the editor-in-chief of Netans. He was recognized as a Microsoft Most Valuable Professional (MVP) for 9 years (2002 to 2011) and currently part of MVP Reconnect program. He is also part of the prestigious ASPInsider program. Anand has published several articles and reviews related to various software and hardware products for various software and technology related websites. He is also active on social media and also participates as an Influencer for various brands. Anand can be reached at admin@netans.com