OWC Holdings Inc, a division of OWC has announced the launch of SoftRAID 5.6.3 (softraid.com) with improvements and bug fixes. The highlight of the SoftRAID 5.6.3 is that it provides support for macOS 10.13 High Sierra. The new release included an optimized driver, which provides a software-based RAID solution. It enhances the performance and reliability of dedicated hardware RAID controllers.
In addition to advanced disk testing, the SoftRAID 5.6.3 provides support for disk health monitoring, logging. The company has added a unique disk protection mechanism to generate a unique warning of potential disk problems. This mechanism will protect users from unexpected data loss. The simplified installation process help beginners to easily install the software.
If you are not tech-savvy, the SoftRAID will guide you through the steps required to create SoftRAID volumes. It automates the process of disk configuration including providing suggestions to enable you to setup and manage the SoftRAID system. You just need to decide the purpose for which the RAID volume is used and how much space to consume. The easy setup process will complete the rest of the work.
- Compatible with macOS High Sierra.
- APFS formatted disks compatibility with certify, verify, and monitoring features.
- Negligible hanging due to driver modifications.
- Driver makes use of no more than 1 thread per disk for disk update operations.
- Improved disk error management.
- Driver loading problem fixed.
- Driver no longer reports read errors on stripe (RAID 0) volumes as write errors.
- SoftRAID command line interface will not return an error every time the disk unmount command is used.
SoftRAID Key Features
- Support from Mac OS X 10.6.8 through macOS High Sierra 10.13.
- Disk Error Reporting
- Email Notifications
- Predictive Failure Analysis
- Certify Disk
- Verify Disk
- Validate Volume
- Ability to convert AppleRAID stripe (RAID 0) and mirror (RAID 1) volumes to SoftRAID.
- Supports TRIM for SSDs on all SoftRAID RAID levels.
- Supports volumes up to 4 petabytes (4000TB)
- Automatic rebuilding of out-of-sync RAID volumes.
- Fast rebuilds for accelerated rebuild times.
- I/O and error counters for every SoftRAID disk and volume.
- Extended disk information
- Disk labeling and LED blinking for easy disk identification.
- Enhanced logging
- Command line interface with dedicated main page
- Integrated tools for easy recovery of severely damaged partition maps.
The SoftRAID 5.6.3 provides support for all Intel-based Macs powered with Intel Core Duo 2 processor, Thunderbolt 1, 2 & 3, eSATA, SAS, FireWire and USB 2.0, 3.0, 3.1 and USB-C including RAID 0,1,4,5 and non-RAID volumes. Moreover, the latest release is fully compatible with macOS 10.6.8 to 10.13 High Sierra.
SoftRAID version 5.6.3 is currently available for download. The trial version will be valid for 30 days during which you can test drive the features and functions. If you are satisfied with the software, you can purchase the full version at $179, which includes one year of free technical support via e-mail. The SoftRAID Lite version is also available for $49. However, the support is available only via the online forum.
more recommended stories
Awesome Tech News – The only technology podcast you can bank upon
Do you want to know the.
Samsung Galaxy S8 Lite to launch as Galaxy S Light Luxury today
Samsung is scheduled to launch the.
BSNL Data Tsunami Pack Announced for Rs 98
BSNL has launched Data Tsunami pack.
Walmart Files Application Before CCI for Approval of Flipkart Acquisition
Walmart has filed an application before.
Spot the ball on MyVodafone app and win exciting Amazon vouchers
Vodafone India has announced an exciting.
Microsoft Launcher gets better with double tap and gestures
Microsoft Launcher for Android smartphones has.